Hate water?? Its boring!! Its tasteless!?! ……Sound familiar?
Water is the single most important part of your daily routine whether you like it or not, your body is 70% water, your blood is made of it, your skin, your eyes, hair, bones and muscles and then everything else in between!!!
So, for years now, I’ve been adding fruit and other bits to my water to make it not so dull…..I’ve even managed to convert a few along the way!
There are 1000’s of combinations to keep water interesting and low calorie and low sugar without adding high sugary cordials…..Not only that, but some help fight colds, keep the immune system healthy and some MIGHT help to lose weight and fat due to their metabolising effect (as well as a healthy diet and exercise!!)…..so here are a few!
1. Strawberry, Mint & Lemon is packed so full of Vitamin C, you’ll be giving your metabolism a big boost while burning fat and increasing weight loss. It also contains anti-inflammatory ingredients and is great for fighting cold and flu viruses.
2. Orange, Lime & Lemon is packed so full of Vitamin C, is great for fighting cold and flu viruses and keeping the immune system healthy and reducing heartburn.
3. Green Tea, Mint & Lime (MY FAV!!) is for fat burning, stomach bloating and digestion and chest infections. (boil water and add Green tea bags the night before to infuse and cool, before adding Mint and Lime)……I drink this a lot (see the bottle photo).
4. Lemon, Lime & Cucumber (Another fav) Great for bloating, Hydration (especially post session) appetite suppressant and digestion. (great in the summer to help keep cool!!)
5. Orange & Ginger not only boosts your metabolism, it also is packed full of vitamin C to help you fight a cold. Plus the ginger helps with tummy aches (I’ve found this to help no end for my Gluten issue!....infact Ginger is totes amaze for tummy upsets!)
6. Strawberries & Kiwis - Kiwi is a superfood and is packed with vitamins A and E which help prevent free radicals and helps flush out toxins from the colon, which improves your overall health and well being. Strawberries help fight carcinogens and contains anti-aging properties such as biotin and the antioxidant ellagic acid, which helps prevent sagging skin.
These are all best left a hour or few (and in my opinion best left over night in the fridge…..) to infuse well, not only do they taste great but look cool too, helping kids to drink more water!.....and are dirt cheap!.....Why not use fruits/veg that are on reduced section or freeze them and use them later (not all fruit and veg mind!)
If your not sure, just be creative and see what your taste buds like most, also use the power of google and search for “infused water”, where you will find an endless supply!
Hope this helps at least a few of you, please share and spread the Jelly Love!
Let us know if you have any favorite infused waters to share with everyone!.....
Top with ice, this part is mportant whether you enjoy your water cold or at room temperature as it holds down the fruit to better infuse the water.